Thursday, December 11, 2008

Soo.... I haven't posted in a while.
Juliet is doing well. She had a hearing test, and passed it. She's no longer on a pump for feedings, she's being gravity fed through the tube. She does not swallow, and it's hard to tell why, so they are going to do the swallow study tomorrow sometime around noon.
We've attempted breastfeeding, but I don't think she's really been hungry enough to put forth a proper effort. It's the same with the bottle feeds- she's just not doing it.

With her oxygen, she's doing better and better, but when she's deeply asleep she still drops in her o2 sats.

I learned how to put in the nasogastric tube today, and managed to do it on my first try. I've learned how to give her medicine through the tube and how to do her feedings.

So the plan is to send us home tomorrow. Crazy, huh? Hehe... I'm nervous about doing all this at home, but I know we can do it. It's just that I have about a bazillion questions for during discharge tomorrow. Of course this is all provided there's nothing going wrong during the swallow study tomorrow. We'll see!

Matt will have to leave tomorrow, regardless. If we have to stay longer without him, I think I'll go slightly nuts. I just don't know what I'd do without him... Well, here's hoping we can go home tomorrow!

No comments: